Fellow Americans, Memorial day is approaching quickly. Firstly, let’s get one thing straight, I love this damn country. Memorial Day Weekend is a time for me to not only show love to my country, but our military as well. Being a citizen of these beautiful United States of America grants me the greatest gift of all, FREEDOM! Because of said gift, I get to wake up, piss excellence and sing “Take Me Home, Country Roads” each and every day.
Memorial Day Weekend Essentials
This Memorial Day Weekend will undoubtably be filled with family, beer, friends, whiskey, BBQ food, vodka, boats, scotch, golf, daquiris, and cornhole. In addition, you’ll need a list of songs to get you through the weekend. I’ve taken it upon myself to put a quick list, in no particular order. These songs are MDW required, ladies and gents. If you aren’t blasting your ear holes with this, you should probably see your Non-patriotic ass out the damn door.
1. The Star Spangled Banner aka National Anthem by Whitney Houston
2. God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
3. Born In the USA by Bruce Springsteen
4. Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue by Toby Keith
5. Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver
6. Neck by Lousiana State University Golden Band From Tigerland
7. Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
8. Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
9. 1, 2 Many by Luke Combs and Brooks & Dunn
10. Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina
Most importantly, we all have to remember that this weekend is one for the heroes that are no longer with us. The brave individuals that willingly stood up for Lady Liberty and made the ultimate sacrifice. Finally, take a moment during your busy weekend to look up at that majestic flag, composed of stars and stripes, elegantly flapping in the wind and raise your cup to honor our fellow Americans.
And remember to check out HTM website for merch, there’s some new shit that’ll make ya pants wet.