Fighters Get A Pay Bump With The UFC And Venum Deal
March 27th marked the last event remaining in the UFC and Reebok deal. Going forward Venum will be the new uniform provider for the UFC. What’s nice to see is the fighters will see a pay increase to the deal between the UFC and Venum.
Every Dollar Counts
- Champions will now get $42,000 per bout in fight week incentive pay, compared to $40,000 under Reebok.
- Title challengers will get $32,000, compared to the old rate of $30,000.
- Fighters with 21 or more UFC fights get $21,000, up from $20,000.
- Fighters with between 16 and 20 fights will also see a $1,000 increase, from $15,000 to $16,000.
- Fighters with between 11 and 15 fights get $11,000, compared with $10,000 under Reebok.
- Fighters who have six to 10 UFC fights will go from $5,000 to $6,000.
- Fighters with four or five UFC fights also get a $500 bump, from $4,000 to $4,500.
- Entry-level fighters with between one and three UFC fights will now get $4,000 compared with $3,500 previously
Look I honestly thought we would see 5K to 10K pay jumps, I guess we got 500 to 1K jumps. But apparently the fighters will see better incentives of gear which some fighters have their own sponsorships for things like that but not all. Now all fighters will have access to a gear supplier.
I still find the Athletes to be slightly underpaid on the sponsorship side. I do like the uniformity of the new pants and walk-out gear. in retrospect, some of the walkout gear people had made the UFC look like a joke. This new deal between the UFC and Venum will bring more legitimacy to the sport. The only thing I wish the UFC would bring back or allow is the Banners the fighters used to hang behind them during prefight.